by Offense Type, 2016
|Crimes against persons:||3,765||4,720||4,720||4,353|
|Murder and nonnegligent manslaughter||5||9||9||9|
|Rape (revised definition)4||24||24||24||29|
|Rape (legacy definition)5||0||0||0||0|
|Crimes against property:||2,519||2,519||2,813||1,618|
|Motor vehicle theft||20||20||21||14|
|Crimes against society6||82||82||82||97|
- 1 The actual number of incidents is 6,121. However, the column figures will not add to the total because incidents may include more than one offense type, and these are counted in each appropriate offense type category.
- 2 The term victim may refer to an individual, business/financial institution, government entity, religious organization, or society/public as a whole.
- 3 The term known offender does not imply that the identity of the suspect is known, but only that an attribute of the suspect has been identified, which distinguishes him/her from an unknown offender. The actual number of known offenders is 5,770. However, the column figures will not add to the total because some offenders are responsible for more than one offense type, and are, therefore, counted more than once in this table.
- 4 The figures shown in the rape (revised definition) row include only those reported by law enforcement agencies that used the revised Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) definition of rape. See the data declaration for further explanation.
- 5 The figures shown in the rape (legacy definition) row include only those reported by law enforcement agencies that used the legacy UCR definition of rape. See the data declaration for further explanation.
- 6 Includes additional offenses collected in the National Incident-Based Reporting System. See Methodology.
Provides the methodology used in constructing this table and other pertinent information about this table.