UCR Technical Refresh
The Federal Bureau of Investigation’s (FBI) UCR Program is currently working on a UCR-Technical Refresh (UCR-TR). This refreshment to the UCR System is a high priority for the FBI UCR Program. The stated goal for this project is to improve the accuracy and timeliness of the data collected, as well as the delivery process. The national UCR Program plans to have the UCR system fully operational in the near future. The UCR-TR will:
- Provide enhanced data management tools for greater efficiency in data collection, processing and maintenance of crime data.
- Provide automated processes.
- Provide tailored reports on an as-needed basis.
- Provide a streamlined publication process.
- Provide users swifter access to the data.