January to June 2015–2016
by Population Group
|1,000,000 and over||10||25,844,935||+9.7||+21.6||+11.3||-||+6.3||+11.4||+2.1||-5.4||+3.3||+5.9||+5.3|
|500,000 to 999,999||21||15,272,484||+5.2||+2.3||-0.1||-2.4||+2.0||+7.8||+0.1||-2.7||-0.2||+7.1||+0.7|
|250,000 to 499,999||46||15,694,486||+4.3||+6.1||+11.0||+2.2||-0.2||+5.9||-0.6||-4.3||-0.5||+4.9||-4.8|
|100,000 to 249,999||208||30,929,824||+5.1||+2.6||+3.1||-4.6||+3.9||+6.1||+0.2||-3.1||*||+7.6||-0.7|
|50,000 to 99,999||422||29,443,924||+4.1||-3.8||+7.4||+6.4||+3.3||+4.0||+0.5||-1.8||+0.1||+8.8||-1.3|
|25,000 to 49,999||763||26,325,532||+4.0||-5.8||+3.7||+7.6||+1.7||+5.0||-0.5||-1.5||-0.8||+5.7||-3.0|
|10,000 to 24,999||1,617||25,871,294||+1.1||-6.4||-5.6||+5.7||+1.4||+2.3||-2.5||-2.0||-3.3||+7.0||-6.6|
- 1 The Violent crime figures include the offenses of murder, rape (revised definition), rape (legacy definition), robbery, and aggravated assault.
- 2 The figures shown in this column for the offense of rape were reported using the revised Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) definition of rape. See the data declaration for further explanation.
- 3 The figures shown in this column for the offense of rape were reported using the legacy UCR definition of rape. See the data declaration for further explanation.
- 4 Includes crimes reported to sheriffs' departments, county police departments, and state police within Metropolitan Statistical Areas.
- 5 Includes crimes reported to sheriffs' departments, county police departments, and state police outside Metropolitan Statistical Areas.
- * Less than one-tenth of 1 percent.
- NOTE: No agencies over 1,000,000 in population submitted rape data using the legacy UCR definition in 2016; therefore, the UCR Program could not provide a 2-year comparison for this agency group size.
Provides the methodology used in constructing this table and other pertinent information about this table.